Thursday, July 07, 2005

What is up with our world?

I'm sorry in advance for this being the most depressing blog I've written to date. Terrorism has hit our world again. The helplessness of watching the footage on TV this morning before I came into work was too familiar. I feel like this happens far too often as people have devalued human life. How horribly ironic that this should happen at the end of the Live 8 concerts that were created to promote helping eliminate poverty. How even more sad that Tony Blair was the one most interested in making poverty in Africa a thing of the past. I hope that this situation resolves itself fast, but I think we've seen how this sort of thing has gone down before. It's so frustrating because if it was a country who was attacking us our our allies, then that country would simply be a parking lot by now. But instead, these terrorists cowardly go into hiding after the "brave" ones carry out their suicide runs against un-armed civilians and children. I pray for peace on Earth, even though God may not grant it in my lifetime. Times like these make us question, but they also serve to strengthen faith. God be with those who have been most directly affected by these horrible actions. God be with all of us in the days to come.

PJ

No comments: