Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The NFL?

Just when you thought that pro sports players couldn't get any more selfish, here's a story about one who is looking like my new favorite TE. http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8552747 Antonio Gates is in mini camp for the San Diego Chargers this week without a contract. It's not even a mandatory camp, but a voluntary one. You know the ones with contracts often skip. He's there because he wants to get better. Even though he set a record for TE's last year with TD receptions and is one of the best in the game today. There are other people around the NFL who are not in camp and they have contracts. I won't name any names... but well.. ok I will. Terrell Owens and Javon Walker. Each wants more money so they are holding out. What would happen if I went to my boss tomorrow and said.. "you know.. I think I'm worth more than I am being paid. I'm not coming back to work until you double my salary. " I would soooo be fired. It's frustrating that these athletes think that the rules do not apply to them. And it's not like they are not being paid well for what they are doing. I'm all for making the most money you can, but if you signed a contract, then you can ask for more, but if the other party says no, then you get no more. Just my opinion.

No comments: