Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Catch-up

So, my daughter turns 1 tomorrow.. That's still really weird to me, but it's also pretty cool. She's so much fun to watch as I can see the gears turning when she's trying to figure stuff out. We are planning on getting her pictures made tonight, and then we really need to update the website. We're planning on at least doing it after her birthday.

Karen and I are loving the new house. It really does work out a lot better than the previous one and I think it's one that we will get to grow into as well. Our neighbors are very friendly and most have introduced themselves which is nice. By the time we moved out of our last house, we only knew two sets of neighbors and one of those I had been friends with for years. I had to buy a new lawn mower. The one I had would not start and despite everything I tried I just could not get it to turn over. So, now I've got one that I really like and that helps me out. I like the propelled mower...

The NHL signed a new TV deal which means that ESPN will not be the home for the NHL this year. Instead, it will go to OLN which was formerly known as "that channel you watch to see how Lance Armstrong is doing in the Tour de France". They are trying to change their image and will not be known as the Outdoor Life Network anymore. Instead it will just be OLN. The deal sounds pretty good as you can read here. I'm debating whether or not I should get the NHL Center Ice package on DirecTV or if I should watch OLN's streaming for a while first.

Looks like I was a little too eager to find someone to like in the NFL. Antonio Gates has been in all sorts of trouble with the Chargers and now, it looks like he will miss the first game of the season (Good news for Cowboy Fans!). Excuses, excuses..

I'm planning on looking at the NHL soon and doing a preview, but things are a little crazy, so I'll need to to much research. Hopefully it will be done before the season ends.

That's it for now,
PJ

No comments: