Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gaming ADD

So, I've come up with a new term for how I play games now. It's called Gaming ADD. Back in the day, I would research a game for a long time before I would buy it, then I would play it non-stop for weeks. Then I'd trade it in for the next game that I had researched, etc...

Now, I just rent games I have any interest at all, and as soon as they arrive, i play for a few hours. If I'm not sold on the game within that short time frame, they go back in the envelope, and back to Gamefly to get my next fix. I really try to play all the way through games, cause I like the sense of accomplishment, but since I have limited game time, I am just not as inclined to spend time on a game that I'm not totally sold on, or is frustratingly difficult. The latest casualty - Devil May Cry 4. The game was fun, but after a while, I just wasn't into it. It wasn't the difficulty (I hadn't got that far), I just would rather play something else (Burnout Paradise). So, I sent it back and we'll see what I get next.

Also, this may prove difficult because with the PS3 implementing trophies, I'm going to need to start playing older games I've already finished so I can get the trophies. I know I'll have to get Uncharted again, but that's ok, because it was one of my favorite games that I've played this year.

No comments: