Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Leipzig Disappointment

So, Leipzig is going on right now (which is sort of the European E3 from what I understand) and there was talk that Sony was going to unveil some really interesting information. Here is what I found out...
1. My new PSP is going to be outdated already as Sony is releasing a new version less than a year after the last new version. (Along with some cool bundles)
2. Sony is going to release a new PS3 bundle which would have been awesome had I not already owned a PS3.
3. LittleBigPlanet is still awesome and coming out October 29th in PAL territories.
4. That's pretty much it for us US folks.

So that was pretty underwhelming and considering what was rumored, I thought we'd see a whole lot more. I don't need a new PSP, or PS3, and I already know I'm getting LittleBigPlanet, so other than some specific game announcements, there really wasn't that much information to give out. I was hoping to hear something about Home, or a global LBP release date, or the shocking new revelation about LBP that they have been teasing. Oh well. Maybe TGS will give some more information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey PJ. I can't wait for LBP to come out too. That's too bad that you were disappointed with the announcements at Leipzig. I thought the new trailers for Resident Evil 5 and Killzone 2 were really cool. Do you know when the next TGS is?

I think the 360's showing was pretty good this year. Do you have one? If you don't, you might want to take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win a 360 or PS3 (your choice). All you have to do to enter is design a t-shirt (which is actually easier than it sounds) online. There are less than 200 entrants as of now, so chances of winning are looking pretty decent. If you win, along with the system you'll get a copy of Rise of the Argonauts, ten t-shirts with your design on it, and a year's supply of 6 Hour Power energy shots (which are great for gaming sessions). Check out the details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

Let me know if you enter and I'll vote for your design. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions too. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, by the way.