Thursday, November 02, 2006

Love This Time of Year

So, there never seems to be enough time in Texas where the weather is like it is right now. I woke up this morning a little chilly, but not freezing, and as I went to work, I really enjoyed the coolness. It reminded me of early September in Maine. The good news - it won't be followed by October and November in Maine...

Other than the weather, there are some great things happening right now. First, NHL Hockey is underway and teams are starting to show who they really are. The Stars have shoved poor expectations from analysts straight down their throats with a 10-2 record so far. And that has come with only one win in the shootout. The Eric Lindros experiment seems to be paying off and Modano looks like he is enjoying a carefree season of not having to be the Captain, top scoring option, and go-to guy for everything. The ironic thing is now that he has a lot of help, he's leading the team in scoring... crazy.

The NBA just started back up and the Mavericks tip off tonight. I'm pretty sure I said that I would never watch another NBA game on this blog before, and to be honest, something crazy would have to happen for me to watch again, but it's nice that it is rolling again. Makes it seem more like fall to me.

My son recently turned one so technically, I'm the father of two toddlers.. I remember how I used to think having one kid changed my life, and then the second rolled around. I'm sure those with more than two are thinking that I've not yet begun to experience change... but alas, I think our family is complete (unless of course that is not God's plan).

I was driving into work this morning and almost had to pull over when a song came on my iPod that I had not heard in a long time. It was "Why" by Nichole Nordeman and if you have not heard it, it is truly amazing. Essentially, it is a story of a little girl who is witnessing the events before the crucifixion of Christ, listening to Him call out for help, and hearing God's reply. It's been a while since a song hit me as much as that one did this morning. I held it together and continued into work, but those last words have stuck with me today and just wanted to share that.

Well, that's it for now.
PJ

No comments: